Thursday, October 24, 2019

Sing and Dance Through The Darkness

   Feelings and emotions or lack of them can sometimes lead us astray. They dictate too often what we think, what we ought to do or what we believe at any given moment. We are prone to make decisions, sometimes unwise ones, based on what we feel.
   If the disciples had relied on their feelings instead of their faith and trust in Christ, their lives wouldn't have had the impact that it does today.
   Many of the disciples went through persecution or were imprisoned for their faith. Many died for the same reason. I do not believe they were constantly feeling joy or even God's presence every single moment. They faced physical pain, mental distress and probably doubts tried to invade their minds as well. They had however believed and trusted the promises Christ had given them. That trust sustained and kept them, not their feelings.
   I have struggled with anxiety most of my life. When I came to Christ it was a joyous occasion but I learned that His salvation or promises didn't disappear when I was struggling with emotions that pulled me away from what He'd done in my life.
   There were times when I would sing or praise God when I was at my lowest and felt no hope. I didn't feel like singing and I didn't want to praise God but I did it anyway. I did more of what I didn't feel like doing than what I felt like doing; which was to run, hide or give up.
   Eventually, God showed me He was always there and lifted me up from the darkness. Though faith, not my feelings, He strengthened me and gave me hope. I could actually feel joy in rejoicing.
   Remember the pain and suffering Christ endured on the cross for our sakes. He kept His eyes and heart on the One able to deliver.
   So sing, dance and choose to do your daily walk by faith even when you feel otherwise, for His joy waits to embrace you.

2nd Timothy 1:7 NKJV
7"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."

Hebrews 12:3 NKJV
3"For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself lest you become weary and discouraged..."

No comments: