Thursday, November 6, 2008

Standing by Faith

This past Tuesday as I listened to the numbers roll in on the elections, I've never felt more concern for where America is headed. Usually when I'm writing, I try not to be so one-sided. I have to admit also that I debated whether to post this or not. I realize though that I have to take a stand when it comes to my faith and in what God's word says. I have felt such a heaviness these last few days that weigh upon me.

I believe many have compromised their faith and values for the promise of "financial freedom and deliverance" from a "person" and have forgotton that God is their source.

Psalm 23: v. 1, 5 NIV
"1. The Lord is my shephard, I shall not be in want. 5. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies."

There is nothing wrong with wanting our economy better, but we still need to choose leaders who share our faith and values. Beware, God will not tolerate second place.

2nd Timothy 3: v. 1, 2, 4 NIV
"1. But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, ....4. rather than lovers of God."

Yes, Obama may have been elected President, but he will be used by God for His glory to shake up a nation to once again seek His face.

John 14: v. 5 NIV
"....how can we know the way?"

God will remind us once again.

John 14: v. 6 NIV
"and Jesus answered,"I am the way, and the truth and the life."

1 comment:

Edie said...

I completely agree with you. I have never been more disappointed in our country. That being said I know that God will not abandon us but He will do whatever is necessary to open our eyes and bring us back to Him. I will not despise the dicipline of the Lord.

Thank you for this post. We do need to speak up.