Monday, November 10, 2008

Who Am I?

I sat here this morning thinking and meditating over all God has given me, blessings and callings I feel upon my life. It's really overwhelming. I sat asking God, "How will I be able to accomplish any of it with what I have?" I work a full time job, I stay tired and I often feel inadequate for anything beyond necessity. In Exodus, chapter 3, Moses felt the same way.

Exodus 3: v. 11
"But Moses said to God, "Who am I, that I should go...?"

First of all He had to get Moses' attention.

Exodus 3: v. 2-3 NIV
2." There the angel of the Lord appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush...3. So Moses thought, " I will go over and see this strange sight-why the bush does not burn up."

God has to get our attention first so He can speak to our hearts and show us His calling upon our lives. This He may do through circumstances, our dreams or through His Holy Spirit consistently pressing something on our hearts and minds.

Moses was concerned about his ability to accomplish the task God had given him to do. He even voiced to God his weaknesses, but also his lack of faith.

Exodus 4: v. 10 NIV
"....Oh Lord,... I am slow of speech and tongue."

God's response:

Exodus 4: v. 11-12 NIV
11. "... Who gave man his mouth?... 12. "Now go, I will help you speak and will teach you what to say."

We often focus on our inadequacies or our lack of skills to accomplish something God calls us to do. Let us remember God's promise and be ready by faith when He calls.

Isaiah 6: v. 8 NIV
"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here I am. Send me."

P.S. In the near future, I plan on posting my story on how God called me into a "Clowning Ministry."

3 comments:

Edie said...

I was just recently studying Exodus. It really stood out to me that Moses' persistance about his inadequacies angered God, and then God gave him Aaron. Even though God accomodated for Moses' lack of faith, I can't help but wonder what blessing he missed out on by pressing the matter.

Looking forward to reading about your clowning ministry!

Kelly said...

This reminds me of the song (Casting Crowns?) who am I.

I hope to see you on Saturday night at RCWW!

B His Girl said...

I like your blog. This is so true. We get stuck on ourselves instead of looking for the Lord's power to accomplish what He calls us to do. I want to hear your ministry call story. :)