Monday, May 27, 2019

Church Reasoning

   "Churches are filled with hypocrites." "I don't need to go to church to be a Christian or to believe."
   I have often encountered this response when inviting someone to church or if I ask someone if they go to church. Their response often caught me off guard because I realized there was truth to some of their answers.  
   Since then I've had the time to question it myself and God has opened my heart with this truthful response.
   "I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior and was saved while going to church. It was at church that I first heard the gospel. It was also at church that I discovered it was filled with people who are broken, searching and in need of forgiveness. It was at church that I found out these same people really do love and care once I looked beyond my own self-righteousness."
   Where else will they hear about Jesus Christ and His sacrifice to save and change them? Are You Going To Tell Them?

Romans 10: v. 14
   "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?"

No comments: