Monday, June 3, 2019

The Perfect Answer

      It was a quiet morning as I walked Lily, my dog in our yard. This particular morning gave me pause to give God thanks for all the blessings surrounding me. My thoughts shifted to all the clover that covered my yard and I found myself bending down to inspect it closely.
   "Wouldn't  it be awesome to find a 4 leaf clover, not for luck but just to be able to see God's glory in all He has created?" God has never ceased to amaze me. There staring me in the face was a 4 leaf clover. I reached down and plucked it up. It wasn't perfect as one leaf had a piece missing, most likely from a rabbit nibbling in the yard.
   I suddenly found myself searching for a perfectly formed 4 leaf clover. I looked and looked to no avail. I brought the imperfect clover in and placed it between waxed paper. I was a little disheartened at first, but the more I looked at it I slowly realized I almost missed what God wanted me to see.
    It was His response to my request to reveal His glory in all things He has created. Didn't I realize the chances of finding that 4 leaf clover after I asked for it was little to none? Let us open our hearts to receive what He wants to show us. May we also see that as life nibbles away at us, things may not always be perfect. Don't obscure what God is showing you with your own search or vision of what perfection should be and miss His perfect answer and His glory surrounding you.

Revelations 4: v.11 KJV
"Thou art worthy O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power, for thou hast created all things..."

No comments: