Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Turn Your Back To The Past

   Regrets; we all have them. How often have we looked back and wished some of the decisions we made away? "If only" is the phrase we often hear within. "If only" I'd made a better financial decision I wouldn't be in debt. "If only" I'd been a better husband I wouldn't be divorced. "If only" I had listened to my parents, hadn't used drugs, hadn't stolen, been a better parent, done a better job, been kinder; if only, if only, if only.
   Sometime back I discovered this was exactly what I was doing, living and wasting my time on regrets. It also took away my energy, my incentive and my confidence.
   I thought about the thief on the cross crying out to Jesus, (Luke 23: vs. 42-43). Because he realized Jesus held the "Now" of his life at that moment, he was saved and glorified. He would have missed the most important decision of his life had he focused on regrets. He had plenty and no time to make anymore. Instead he followed the light forward.
   Glory in the moments that God gives you now and be thankful for the opportunities and time to live out those blessings. You cannot change the past by looking back.
   Realize as I did that: *God held the "Now" of my life and my future to be, so I'll move forward,*toward the light that I see.

Psalm 118: vs. 24-25 NKJV
24 "This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it." 25."Save now, I pray, O Lord."
Jeremiah 29: v. 11 NKJV
"For I know the thoughts I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."

*_ Verses taken from "God's Pathway", 2008 - Marie Levy

No comments: