Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Moments of Restoration

   Sometimes in the quiet early mornings as I study the word I become very aware of God's presence in my life. It's a peaceful time surrounded by His love and light. It's a place of safety and comfort.
   It was during one of these times I recalled the story of John, Peter and James on the mountain with Jesus as they beheld His transfiguration. They must have been in awe as they saw the light and the power as He talked with Moses and Elijah. This had to be not only a place of revelation but also of peace, serenity and safety that shut out the world around them if only for a few moments.
   I can understand why the disciples wanted to stay and build tabernacles. It was a safe haven away from the trials and sufferings of the world.
   It's in my own moments in these early morning encounters that I too want to stay. It's a place of safety and I'm content to bask in His presence. I don't want to face the reality and the challenges of the day ahead, so my spirit longs to stay.
   But as God spoke to the disciples that day, He also speaks to me. He helps me realize it's the daily trials that allow me to return to these moments surrounded by His love and peace. It's a time of restoration and preparation for what lies ahead. He reminds me of the victories from the day before that has brought me through to this moment.
   I'll choose to trust Him for what lies ahead knowing He has given me what I need for any circumstance I may face. I'll anticipate and look for that special time where His Spirit surrounds me and I get a glimpse of eternity.
   For I know that one day I'll be able to stay where I am, not only surrounded by His love, peace and presence but realize the tabernacle was already built.

Matthew 17: v.4,-5 KJV
v.4 Then answered Peter, and said to Jesus, 'Lord, it is good for us to be here;....let us make here three tabernacles;....'
v. 5 ....behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, 'This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

Psalm 61: v. 3-4 NKJV
v.3 For You have been a shelter for me,
      A strong tower from the enemy.
v. 4 I will abide in Your tabernacle forever;
       I will trust in the shelter of Your wings.

2 comments:

Mary Moss said...

Oh my this is lovely! Thank you for this reassuring reminder!

Unknown said...

very good Marie....