Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Connections Through God's Spirit

   Connection - a relationship in which a person, thing or idea is linked or associated with something else. It can also be described as a bond or attachment.
   Have you ever met someone and instantly felt a connection or bond with that person? I have been so amazed over the years how this type of connection is made between Christians.
   Not long after I had received Christ I was at Kings Dominion with my children. I met this young college student who was also a new Christian and was in charge of the ride my children were on. I don't remember how the conversation got started but I remember the joy of meeting another Christian and the instant bond between us because we both shared the love of Christ and His Spirit.
   I've also made that same observation with many in my church over the years. God's Spirit intertwines each of our hearts and spirits in love, peace and unity. It's not just a connection because we say we are Christians but a supernatural bonding that is truly felt and experienced throughout the body of Christ. I've also had that same bonding with other Christians on Facebook and social media even though I've never met them in person. It's a friendship that goes deep and is shared through prayers, our joys, our accomplishments and care for each other.
   When we as Christians are Christ centered in our lives His Spirit makes that connection possible no matter the distance between us. I have often physically and spiritually felt the prayers of others offered up for me or a loved one. That's the bonding power of God's Spirit in our lives.
   As His children we have access to this connection. 1st John 5: 6, "...And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth..." Praise God! I have that connection. Do you?

Colossians 2:2 KJV
"That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love..."
Philippians 1:27 KJV
"...that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together..."

No comments: