Tuesday, July 23, 2019

"Won" Battle At A Time

   "You did it again, you can't get it right, you'll never get ahead, you're stuck where you are, you're finished now, you're a failure, you're going to lose it all," etc., etc., etc.
   Those words are screamed over and over in your mind as the fears paralyze your very being, so much that your thoughts, relationships and your emotions are in chaos. There is no hope in the midst of it, no where to turn and you feel you can't live like this any longer.
   You cry out to God for deliverance for some sign of relief or peace in the midst of it all. A mountain of anxiety looms before you and dark valleys fall deep on each side. There is no where to run and no where to hide. You feel tormented and helpless. You wish the earth would open up and swallow you.
   Then you hear a voice coming in through the darkness. It is faint at first but slowly makes its way through the loud shouts of disparity and the downward spiral of depression.
   The voice of God does not shout but is sharp and distinct yet gentle and encouraging. "Trust me and seek My face. I will deliver you." A calmness and peace unwinds your jumbled thoughts. A place of safety is opened before you and you enter in, but not alone. This place has always been here for you. Jesus has walked with you up to and through it many times. He will do so again and again as needed. For now this battle is won.

Psalm 34: v. 4 KJV
4"I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."
Psalm 55: vs. 17-18 KJV
17 "...I will pray and cry aloud, and He shall hear my voice." 18 "He hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me..."

No comments: