Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Who's In Charge?

   Over the last year I had become so concerned about churches and their leaders/pastors becoming so lax concerning the truth of God's word. The fact that there are many that have strayed from what God's word actually says to make it fit their own lifestyle is troubling. Others preach feel good stories and spread the love of Jesus without repentance.
   I've struggled lately and asked God to show me how to witness for Him and be able to stand on His word concerning the issues we face today. He indeed did answer.
   He showed me first that I had a "push when it comes to shove" attitude. I was running ahead and leading the charge with my own sword - (a stubborn "I'm right" weapon) to make my point.
   Realizing that God's word stands on its own merit, not me forcing it, but presenting it in a way that draws those hearing it to Him, I took a step back. It dawned on me that as He opens the doors and opportunities to share His word of truth I need to do so with grace and love.
   Yes, we need to believe and stand on all of God's word even when others say otherwise. We also need to let Him lead us and not let our own self-righteousness get in the way. After all it was His grace and love that brought us to the cross, saved us, changed us and continues to do so daily.
   May we present the Gospel of Christ with truth, love and grace knowing that God opens the heart for change. May we allow His Spirit to bring others to repentance as He also did with us. 

2nd Timothy 2: v. 24-25 NKJV
24. And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, 
25. in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance.

1st Corinthians v. 4-5 NKJV
4. Love suffers long and is kind...
5. does not behave rudely, does not seek its own....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very True.

Thanks Marie.

You expressed the message well.

Ann

Portia's Ponder This! said...

My sentiment, exactly. This is a lesson we all must learn.